The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has opened the option for CA Students to opt-out from the Nov. 2020 CA Exams. The opt-out window has been opened from today 07th Nov. 2020 and it will remain open until the completion of the entire CA Exams.
The opt-out window will remain open until 14th December 2020 i.e. the last date of CA Exams.
Before choosing the opt-out option, CA Students need to comply with certain conditions. The ICAI has issued the guidelines which the students need to go through before taking the option. Below are the detailed guidelines for choosing the option.
The terms and conditions in this regard are as follows:
1. This window is meant only for Opting out of the November 2020 exams. “OPT-OUT” Scheme will be available to the students satisfying any of the following conditions:
• (a) The students who are currently COVID-19 positive or having symptoms of COVID-19 at any time upto the conclusion of exams;
• (b) Whose Family members with whom the students are staying are COVID-19 positive or become COVID-19 Positive at any time up to the conclusion of exams;
• (c) If the area in which the student’s residence is located is declared as Containment Zone by the Central Government/State Government/Local Authorities at any time up to the conclusion of exams.
For details refer to the announcement hosted at icai.org (https://www.icai.org/post/imp-announcement-november-2020-ca-exam-7thnov2020)
2. Following details, submitted by the candidates in their examination application form will be displayed on the screen. when they click on the Option Optout of the November 2020 exams from their dashboard.
• Name of the candidate
• Control Number / Barcode number printed on their application form
• Registration number
3. The candidates if they decide to opt-out of the November 2020 exam i.e.; not to appear for November 2020 exam scheduled from 21st November 2020 but in lieu of it such candidates will have to choose either to carry over their candidature to the second tranche of November 2020 arising out of ‘Opt-Out’ to January2021/February 2021 exams (scheduled to be announced in the second half of December 2020) or May 2021 exams
Candidates opting out now and to appear in January/February 2021 exams will not have to fill up the exam form and their November 2020 details will be carried over for issuance of fresh admit cards for January/February 2021.
However, Candidates opting out in lieu of the May 2021 exam will have to fill up the exam form afresh for May 2021 & pay any applicable differential fees.
In both the cases the valid exemptions/fee paid for November 2020 exam will be carried forward for the Jan/Feb 2021 or May 2021 exam.
ONLY ONE ONLINE APPLICATION FOR A REGISTRATION NUMBER WILL BE ACCEPTED. PLEASE APPLY CAREFULLY. ONCE OPTED OUT, YOU CANNOT APPLY FOR ANY CORRECTION/REVERSAL OF THE SAME.
4. The request should be made by the student and not by anyone on his/her behalf. The details applied through the portal will be considered in case there is any variance between the portal details and the handwritten application uploaded in this regard.
5. In case you decide to opt-out of the November 2020 exam in lieu of appearing in the January/February 2021 or May 2021 exams, the undertaking in prescribed form can be downloaded from HERE.
The uploading of a scanned image of this undertaking after filling up the blank areas and duly signing by the candidate is a mandatory requirement. In case you cannot take a printout, you can write the exact words in your handwriting, self attest, scan, and upload.
6. Upon submission of the request, the candidate will get a Successful Submission confirmation on the screen.
Article Written By: Nitesh Bind
What’s your thoughts on the above article, you can share in the comment section below.
Want to Feature your own Article? Click Here to SUBMIT ARTICLE.