1. How do I get my admit card?
Admit cards in respect of all eligible candidates admitted to the Foundation, Intermediate (IPC), Intermediate, Final and Final-New examination, with their photographs and signatures on them, will be hosted on www.icaiexam.icai.org.
No physical admit cards will be sent to any candidate. Candidates are required to download and print their admit cards from the website.
Admit card printed from the website contains your photograph and specimen signature, besides other necessary details, and is a valid admit card for gaining admission to the examination. However, should there be still any query, you can contact the Helpline numbers of the Exam dept. given in answer to Question No.12.
2. Will the admit cards contain my photograph and signature?
Yes, if the application you have submitted contains them.
3. My Admit card shows “Provisional” on it. What does that mean?
Provisional Admit Cards are normally issued when some information/documents of the candidates are yet to be verified by the institute. But the provisional admit is absolutely valid and it can be normally used to appear in the examination. Students need not be worried about their exam appearance.
4. I had not affixed my photograph in the exam form. Can I send them now?
Yes. However, once the admit cards are hosted, no changes will be made thereon. The photographs will be used at the time of the preparation of pass certificates. We advise you to carry with you a photo identity card issued by Govt. agencies or by ICAI at the time of registration as articled assistants, to the examination hall, along with the admit card downloaded/printed from the website.
Also please refer to the reply to question no. 6 given below.
5. How do I print my admit card from the website?
1. Visit the site http://www.icaiexam.icai.org
2. Log in using your login ID (Registration Number) and password.
3. Click on the link in front of Admit Card
Your admit card and the “Instructions to Examinees” will appear on the screen. You can then print the same in A 4 size paper. Alternatively, you can download the Admit Card by choosing the “Save as PDF” option during the print.
6. My photograph and/or signature are not there in the admit card. Is it valid?
Yes. It is valid. In case the admit card does not bear the photograph and signature of the candidate, he/she is advised to paste the photograph and affix signatures in the area marked on the printout of the admit card and get this page attested by a member of the Institute (member may indicate his/her name, membership number, and office stamp while signing/attesting at the bottom of that page) and carry the same to the examination center, in duplicate, as proof of his/her identity.
He/she will be required to hand over the original attested admit card to the examination center, while retaining one copy of the same, for his/her own record.
He/She is also advised to carry one* stamp size photograph (matching with the photograph affixed on the attested letter referred above) to the exam center for affixing the same at the appropriate place in the attendance register.
(*NOTE: Please carry two stamp size photographs if you are a unit/both groups candidate.)
7. I have downloaded my admit card from the website. However, details therein do not relate to me. What should I do?
Contact the Helpline numbers ( mentioned below) immediately, quoting your registration number, the bar code number of your examination form and receipt number issued by the regional office(s), if any, center opted (with zone, if applicable), telephone number, fax number, etc.
8. I have downloaded my admit card from the website. However, details therein are different from what I had filled in my exam application form. What should I do now?
Send an email or contact the Helpline numbers ( mentioned below) immediately, quoting your registration number, bar code number of your examination form and receipt number issued by the regional office(s), center opted (with zone, if applicable), telephone number, fax number, etc.
9. I have not yet received the physical admit card sent by post by ICAI. What should I do?
The practice of sending physical admit cards by post is discontinued with effect from May 2017 examination onwards.
You are required to print your admit card from the website http://icaiexam.icai.org and carry the same to the examination hall.
10. I am not able to print my admit card from the site. What should I do?
Contact the Helpline numbers (mentioned below) immediately, quoting your registration number, the bar code number of your examination form, and receipt number issued by the regional office(s), center opted (with zone, if applicable), telephone number, fax number, etc.
11. I have a valid exemption in a paper. However, the admit card does not show that exemption. Will I get the exemption?
Exemptions granted to you are not shown on the admit card. Please go through the relevant statement of marks of the exam, wherein your opinion, you were granted an exemption in a paper(s).
Alphabet “E” printed against the marks of a paper denotes that marks of that paper have been brought forward from an exemption granted in that paper in an earlier attempt.
So also, the “#” symbol printed against the marks of a paper denotes that you have been granted an exemption in that paper, which will be valid for the next three following exams.
Also, the result below that Group shows “F-EX”. If no such symbol or alphabet is printed against the marks of any paper, even though the marks obtained in that paper may be more than 60, then that indicates that no exemption has been granted in that paper.
12. What are the contact details?
HelpLine Telephone numbers:
- 0120 3054 851, 852, 853 and 835
- 0120 4953 751, 752, 753 and 754
- Foundation candidates: email@example.com
- Intermediate (IPC) candidates: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Final candidates: email@example.com
If you have any further queries regarding your admit cards or regarding your Nov. 2020 CA Exams, Please ask in the comment section below.
Want to Feature your own Article? Click Here to SUBMIT ARTICLE.