The Institute of Chartered Accountant of India (ICAI) has recently announced the opt-out option for Nov. 2020 CA Exams. Also, the ICAI announced the alternate exams exclusively for such students who have opted-out from the Nov. 2020 CA Exams.
Many CA Students are having doubts regarding the opt-out option. In today’s article, I will be simplifying the opt-out scheme and covering it point-by-point. Here are the important points to keep in mind before opting-out:
1. This window is meant only for Opting out of the November 2020 exams.
2. “OPT-OUT” Scheme will be available to the students satisfying any of the following conditions:
- The students who are currently COVID-19 positive or having symptoms of COVID-19 at any time up to the conclusion of exams;
- Whose Family members with whom the students are staying are COVID-19 positive or become COVID-19 Positive at any time up to the conclusion of exams;
- If the area in which the student’s residence is located is declared as Containment Zone by the Central Government/State Government/Local Authorities at any time up to the conclusion of exams.
But, No medical certificate has been asked for opting-out. Students have been given an option to opt-out on the basis of Self-Declaration (format given in point-8 below). Therefore, any student even who is even not falling in any of the above categories can opt-out as per his/her choice.
For details refer to announcement hosted at icai.org (https://www.icai.org/post/imp-announcement-november-2020-ca-exam-7thnov2020)
3. The candidates who decided to opt-out (i.e. not to appear) of the November 2020 exam will be given an option either to carry over their candidature to the second tranche of November 2020 OR May 2021 exams.
4. The second tranche of November exams will be conducted somewhere around January 2021 end or Feb 2021 starting week. The schedule is yet to announce by the ICAI.
5. Candidates who are opting out and choosing to appear in January/February 2021 exams will not have to fill up the exam form again for Jan/Feb 2021 exams. Such candidates’ November 2020 details will be carried forward automatically.
However, Candidates choosing to appear in May 2021 exam will have to fill up the exam form afresh for May 2021 & pay any applicable differential fees.
In both cases, the valid exemptions/fee paid for November 2020 exam will be carried forward for the Jan/Feb 2021 or May 2021 exams as the case may be.
6. For Jan/Feb 2021 as well as May 2021 exams fresh admit cards will be issued.
7. ONLY ONE ONLINE APPLICATION FOR A REGISTRATION NUMBER WILL BE ACCEPTED. ONCE OPTED OUT, YOU CANNOT APPLY FOR ANY CORRECTION/REVERSAL OF THE SAME.
8. Students who want to opt-out need to submit the declaration for this purpose. You can download the Declaration HERE.
9. If there is any variance in the information provided through the Exam Portal & Declaration Submitted, the details applied through the portal will be considered final.
10. The students have two options to submit the Declaration. The first one is to take the print out of the Format given above. Then fill in the details required, sign on the declaration, and after filling everything scan the image/click pic and upload it with the opt-out application.
Alternatively, if you cannot take the print out, you can write the exact words in your handwriting, self attest, scan/click pic, and upload the same along with the opt-out application.
IMPORTANT: SUBMITTING DECLARATION IS A MANDATORY REQUIREMENT. IF DECLARATION IS NOT SUBMITTED, YOUR APPLICATION MAY BE REJECTED.
11. Upon submission of the request, the candidate will get a Successful Submission confirmation on the screen.
12. The last date to apply for the opting-out from Nov. 2020 CA Exams is 14th Dec. 2020.
You can also watch my video showing a Live Demo on How to opt-out from Nov. 2020 CA Exams.
If still have any queries, you can drop me a Direct Message (DM) over my Instagram or Twitter handle. You can find me directly by my name i.e. Nitesh Bind or use my id @niteshbind. Thanks!
Article Written By: Nitesh Bind
What’s your thoughts on the above article, you can share in the comment section below.