The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has issued its results for the Nov. 2020 CA Exams. Many students want to apply for the re-verification of their marks or want to apply for the certified copies.
Now, students are having many doubts about the procedure of issuing certified copies/re-verification of marks. In this article, you will be able to get all such queries answered. Here are the FAQs:
FAQ on Re-Verification:
1. What is meant by verification of marks?
The process of verification of marks covers the following:
• Whether the answer book(s) compilation is complete
• Whether any question or part thereof has remained unvalued
• Whether there is any totaling error in any question or total marks on the cover page
• Whether there is any discrepancy between the marks for each question and or/part thereof and marks for each question indicated on the cover page of the answer book
• Whether the handwriting of the candidate in all the answer books is the same.
However, revaluation of the answer book is not permitted under the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988.
2. What are the regulatory provisions regarding verification of marks?
The regulatory provisions regarding verification of answer books are contained in Regulation 39(4) of the Chartered Accountants Regulations 1988, which are hosted on the Institute’s website www.icai.org.
Further, you may also refer to the announcement in this regard in the Students/Examination/FAQ section of the Institute’s website www.icai.org or the Guidance Notes supplied along with the examination application forms.
3. What is the procedure for verification of marks?
A candidate can apply for verification, either physically in his own handwriting, or on-line from http://icaiexam.icai.org within a month from the date of declaration of results, giving specific details of the following along with the requisite fees:
• Student Name
• Student Registration No
• Exam-Intermediate (IPC)/Final/CPT
• Month and year of the exam
• Roll No
• Paper(s)/subjects to be verified
• Address for communication
If the candidate makes a physical application, it must be in the handwriting of the candidate. If the candidate had opted for Hindi medium in the examination, his/her application should be in Hindi.
Typewritten applications will not be entertained.
There is no standard format as such for such application. However, the application should be duly signed by the candidate.
4. What is the fees for verification of marks?
• For Final, Intermediate (IPC)/ATE/Units-Rs 100/- per paper subject to a maximum of Rs 400/- for all the papers of a group/both groups/Unit.
• For CPT: Rs 200/-.
• For Post qualification courses ISA, DIRM, ITL & WTO, MAC/TMC/CMC: Rs 500/-
5. Can I submit my application for verification of answer books, on-line?
Yes. The facility for submission of verification applications on-line, is available for candidates of CA Final and Intermediate (IPC) examinations. You can submit your applications from http://icaiexam.icai.org and also pay the verification fee on-line. Detailed steps in this regard are given in the above mentioned website.
You will have to upload the scanned copy of your handwritten request.
However, there is no need to send the print-out of the on-line verification application by post.
Both options, i.e., manual as well as on-line, are open to you. You can choose to send your application manually along with the Demand Draft for the applicable fees, by registered post or speed post or submit your application on-line.
6. I have already applied for inspection/certified copies of my evaluated answer books. Can the same application be treated as an application for verification also? Can I apply for verification after I inspect/get copies of my evaluated answer books? Can I apply for, both, verification as well as inspection/copies of my evaluated answer books?
Before providing certified copies/inspection of evaluated answer books to the examinees, verification of answer books, within the scope of Regulation 39(4), is also carried out, by the office, suo motu, in respect of all applications for inspection and/or certified copy of evaluated answer book(s).
In case you notice discrepancy, within the scope of verification as envisaged in Regulation 39(4), upon receipt of certified copies/inspection of evaluated answer books, you can bring it to the notice of the office, within one month from the date of dispatch of certified copies/inspection of evaluated answer books. Hence, you need not make a separate application for verification of answer books, if you have applied/intending to apply for inspection/certified copies of answer books.
7. What are the possible outcomes, that may arise out of verification of marks:
The verification exercise may result in
• No change of marks
• Increase of marks, impacting result or exemption in one or more paper(s)
• Increase of marks, which does not have an impact on result or exemption in one or more paper(s)
• Decrease of marks
Candidates can check the outcome of their application for verification ( whether submitted physically or on-line) from http://icaiexam.icai.org. A written communication is also sent to the candidate concerned, at the address mentioned by him/her in his/her application. In case of revision of marks, a revised mark statement/result ( as the case may be) is also sent to the candidate.
8. Can a candidate get a refund of verification fees in case of change in marks pursuant to the verification?
Yes. In case of change in marks, the verification fee is refunded to the candidate automatically. There is no need to make a separate claim for refund.
9. I have not received any communication from the Institute regarding my application for verification of marks of the previous exam, so far. However, the last date for submission of application form for the next exam, is fast approaching. Should I apply for the next exam or not?
You may submit your examination form for the forthcoming examination, pending receipt of the outcome of verification of answer books of the earlier exam. However, no extension of time for submitting of examination application form will be allowed under any circumstances.
10. How do I come to know the outcome of my verification application?
The outcome of the verification of all those who had applied (whether through on-line mode or physical mode) will be hosted on the websitehttp://icaiexam.icai.organd a written communication will also sent to the concerned candidates individually.
You can check the said website from time to time regarding the outcome.
You can also send an email at the following email IDs, as per the exam:
Help Desk Telephone numbers: 0120 3054 835, 851, 852, 853
FAQ on Inspection/Certified Copies:
When a Candidate applies for the Certified Copies, then before issuing the copies to the candidate the Insitute mandatorily follow the process of re-verification. It means when you apply for Certified Copies, Instiute will automatically reverfied your marks as well.
Here are some of the very frequently asked questions:
1. I want to apply for certified copies/inspection of my evaluated answer books. How do I proceed?
a) In case you are a Intermediate(IPC) / Intermediate / Final Old / Final New / Foundation candidate, it is mandatory that you submit your application for inspection / supply of certified copies of answer books, online only, at https://icaiexam.icai.organd also pay the requisite fee on-line through the payment gateway. Physical application by such candidates will not be entertained.
There is no provision for submission of application for certified copies of evaluated answer books with late fee.
b) In case you are Common Proficiency Test (CPT) / Post Qualification Courses (PQC) examinee, you can submit a physical application for inspection/ supply of certified copies of answer books, in the normal course, along with the Demand Draft for applicable fees. Facility of online submission of applications for CPT is not yet available.
There is no need to send the printout of the on-line application by Speed Post.
You are required to upload a handwritten application duly signed by you, seeking certified copies of answer books, for the purpose of matching your handwriting with that on the answer books. Such handwritten application should be in running handwriting and not in capital letters.
In case you are a Hindi medium candidate, your handwritten application uploaded on the portal should be in Hindi.
Please note that if the uploaded scanned image is not your handwritten application, but of some other document, your application will not be processed by the office. Such an application, even if it is a “SUCCESSFUL TRANSACTION”, will not be treated as a valid application and will not be processed.
It may be noted that wherever the Question Paper is on MCQ pattern & answers are written by the candidates on OMR answer sheets, only copies of OMR answer sheet will be provided upon receipt of an application in this regard, under this scheme. Neither MCQ paper booklet nor the answer keys thereon will be provided, in respect of such papers. The certified copy of OMR answer sheets will not bear the Mark’s awarded since the same are awarded in the System.
2. What are the procedure involved in making an on-line application?
You have two options to apply for the certified copies:
(i) You can apply through the ICAI official portal i.e. https://icaiexam.icai.org
(ii) You can also apply via the Right to Information (RTI) of the Govt. of India.
You can watch this video for detailed step by step procedure to apply for certified copies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IHSrco9UiM
3. I have already applied for inspection/certified copies of my evaluated answer books. Will the same application be treated as an application for verification also? Or do I have to make a separate application for verification?
Before providing certified copies/inspection of evaluated answer books to the examinees, verification of answer books, within the scope of Regulation 39(4), is also carried out, by the office, suo motu, in respect of all applications for inspection and/or certified copy of evaluated answer book(s) and in case of any discrepancy leading to increase in marks, a revised statement of marks is also sent to you.
Verification under Regulation 39(4) covers the following aspects:
• Whether any question or part thereof has remained unvalued
• Whether there is any totalling error in any question or total marks on the cover page
• Whether there is any discrepancy between the stepwise marks, total marks for each question indicated on the cover page
However,in case you still notice discrepancy, within the scope of verification as envisaged in Regulation 39(4), upon receipt of certified copies/inspection of evaluated answer books, you can bring it to the notice of the office, immediately on receipt of certified copies/inspection of evaluated answer books.
4. I applied for certified copies of my evaluated answer books and received them. I am not satisfied with the evaluation of my answers and the marks awarded. I want to apply for re-evaluation of my answer book. Can I do so?
No. Re-evaluation of evaluated answer books is not permitted as per CA Regulations 1988.
5. I applied for certified copies of my evaluated answer books and received them. I notice that the marks awarded on the answer books are different from the marks on my statement of mark? Why is it so?
In terms of Regulation 39(2) of the CA Regulations 1988, the Council of the Institute may, in its discretion, revise the marks obtained by all the candidates or a section of candidates in any particular paper or papers or in the aggregate in such manner as may be considered necessary. The term “section” used in the above mentioned Regulation refers to the category of the candidates whose answer papers are valued by an examiner and such other category of candidates as may be specified by the Council.
Marks awarded on the answer books are the marks given by the examiner, based on the actual performance of the candidate. Marks given on the statement of marks include marks awarded in terms of Regulation 39(2) mentioned above.
6. I applied for certified copies of my evaluated answer books and received them. I notice that some part of the answers are not evaluated by the examiner or there is a totaling error or marks awarded have not been carried forward to the cover page or such other matters that fall within the scope of verification covered under Regulation 39(4). What should I do now?
You can write to the office about the same, within 30 days from the date of the letter.
7. The amount got deducted from my account but I do not get a “Successful ”transaction screen. What do I do now?
If the screen shows the status of your transaction as “Not successful” or the Control number is blank or zero, then that means your online request is not received by us, even though the fee might have been deducted from your bank account. In such cases, office will not be able to process your application, since the application is not there with the office. The fee relating to the failed transaction received by us, if any, will be credited back to your bank account as per the procedure within 30 days of close of this application process. The status of your payment attempts can be checked against the relevant activity by clicking of the ‘Payment’ icon.
8. How do I come to know whether copies of answer books have been dispatched to me?
The online applicants can check the status of their application for certified copies at https://icaiexam.icai.org once you login. You will be sent an email and SMS at your registered Email-ID and mobile phone on how to view/download the scanned copies of your answer books.
You can also send an email at the following Email IDs, as per the exam:
email@example.com (For post qualification courses)
You can also contact on the following telephone numbers:
Help Desk: 0120 3054 851, 852, 853, 835
CPT : 0120-3894 811,812
Foundation : 0120-3894815
Intermediate : 0120-3054 806, 808, 819; 0120-4953 706, 708, 719, 0120-4345620
Final : 0120-3894 807,808, 809
Post qualification courses : 0120-3054 836, 3054 842